Michael Mason practices in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on business and employment matters, including shareholder disputes, consumer protection, wrongful termination, discrimination, medical leave, non-competition agreements and wage issues. Recent successes include the following:
- Prevailing in arbitration on an executive employee’s non-payment of wages claim
- Prevailing in a jury trial on a local business’ claim for breach of contract
- Prevailing in arbitration on an employee’s wrongful termination claim
- Successfully negotiating a severance agreement for a medical researcher at a major pharmaceutical company
- Prevailing in a jury trial on a homeowner’s consumer protection claim against a contractor
- Negotiating a favorable settlement for a health care professional in a disability discrimination and retaliation litigation
Michael has presented seminars on employment-related issues, including employee discharge and documentation for human resources professionals and “Employment Law Basics” for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE). Michael has authored or co-authored a number of publications, including “The Employee-Shareholder: At the Frontier of Business and Employment Law” and “Taking Exception: the Universal Demand Requirement and Close Corporations,” which were published in the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Section Review journal.
Michael was selected for inclusion as a “New England Super Lawyers – Rising Star” in Employment & Labor Law—a designation given to only 2.5 percent of attorneys 40 years or younger or in practice for fewer than 10 years—every year from 2009 through 2016. He is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations, as well as the Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association.
Michael received his undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona, holds a graduate degree in Philosophy and Social Policy from American University and completed his legal studies at Boston University School of Law. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Price Center, a non-profit organization that operates residential, rehabilitation, and employment programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Contact Us and Find Out How We Can Help